Volunteers are the center of our program. From caring for the horses to assisting with the therapeutic riding program to helping with maintenance around the farm, volunteers make Courage operations possible.
Everyone age 16 and up is welcome to volunteer with us, no matter their horse experience. We train our volunteers to work with the horses and participants in an effective and appropriate manner. If you're able to walk for 45 minutes, jog briefly, and support a moderate amount of weight, you're qualified to be a Courage volunteer.
an impact by:
1. Working with the horses and participants in equine-assisted activity sessions and therapeutic riding sessions
2. Assisting with facility maintenance
3. Helping with special events such as speaking engagements, fundraisers and appreciation events
Become a volunteer:
1. Fill out the Volunteer Release Form
2. Sign up and attend a New Volunteer Orientation.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for orientation dates.
4. Read over the Volunteer Manual. Inside you will find supplemental information to help you as a Courage volunteer. including volunteer responsibilities, information about horses, safety rules for working with participants and horses, and more!